Where to Spend Currencies
First off, the crystals you can use to pull Units and Arks can be both paid and non-paid. Second, you can use gacha tickets to pull as well, and you can score these as story event rewards and dungeon rewards. If you really want to maximize your crystals and get as much as you can from the start, be patient enough to play through the Story Mode, as clearing each area will reward you with a lot of useful goodies just by playing the game.
As for the currencies, you should prioritize the following as a beginner:
- Blue Souls – used to level up Arks, learn skills, and level up Red Soul Spots and Tanks; also serves as your “Stamina” when you have an Ark equipped (you will not use up Blue Souls if your party has no Ark equipped); obtained from Soul Spots in the World Map
- Red Souls – used to level up rarer Arks and learn rarer skills; obtained from Soul Spots in the World Map
- Zell – used to enhance Units to go past the level cap, buy equipment from ports and towns, upgrade Soul Tanks to increase tank capacity
Last Cloudia Beginner’s Guide: How to Level Up
Second, it’s important to understand that Arks are actually more important than Units. Arks contain different skills that any Unit can learn as long as it’s equipped, so even if you have a less-than-ideal character, you can still create a formidable build if you equip him or her with the right Ark and make them learn the right skills.
Still, this will depend on the Skill Cost or SC. Each skill has a Skill Cost, and each Unit has a Skill Cost limit. You can toggle learned skills on and off in the Equip Skills menu, so choose skills wisely! This is exactly why I definitely could have used a Last Cloudia beginner’s guide when I was starting out since I had no idea how to level up my characters in the most optimum way.
You can increase Unit SC through Unit Souls obtained from events, or a Mother Soul which you can use for all units. Save your Mother Souls for limited Units, since it will be harder to obtain their Souls after the event banner is through.
Finally, you can Unlock Abilities for Units in their ability tree nodes, which will require you to consume a wide variety of items, obtainable during weekly events (e.g. Purple Crystals during the weekly Purple Ability event).
Last Cloudia Beginner’s Guide: Other Tips and Tricks
- You can turn on the Auto function during combat, but remember to tweak the in-combat settings to suit your playstyle.
- Remember to prioritize souls first; the Zell will come in droves later on.
- When you’re marveling at the Arks you have collected over time, don’t forget to watch out for random gold sparkles in the Ark art – clicking on these in the View mode will reward you with valuable items every now and then
- Keep an eye out for hidden Treasure Chests littered across the World Map for surprise goodies
We hope this Last Cloudia beginner’s guide will provide you with everything you need to totally slay it – plus, with the DMC collab underway, there’s no better time than now to get into the game!